3rd Annual ADM Defence Support Services Summit incorporating The Inaugural Defence Housing Australia Summit
10 - 11 September 2014 | Hotel Realm, Canberra
3rd Annual ADM Defence Support Services Summit
In the wake of increased international defence spending, hostile territorial disputes and an overall shift in the balance of power in the Asia Pacific region comes a need for a united Australian Defence Force and an aligned, cooperative and consultative defence/industry partnership. The procurement of non-military equipment and infrastructure will continue to become increasingly prevalent in supporting the personnel and operational requirements of our defence forces. With the nature of the combat environment being highly changeable and notoriously unpredictable, it is essential to have a dynamic and accommodating support strategy and risk mitigation plan in place in order to facilitate optimum performance and operational efficiency on the front line.
Now in its third year, the 2014 summit will have a theme and focus on ‘Leveraging constructive partnerships for optimised defence support' and will examine government policy, current legislation, non-materiel procurement and defence/industry engagement, in building a long term strategic outlook for defence support in Australia. The event will hear from the senior leadership team from the Defence Support and Reform Group, non-materiel vendors, government officials, industry experts from relevant associations/agencies, academics, think tank's and consultants. Current trends, defence infrastructure, strategic planning, risk mitigation and prevention, industry case studies, and best practices in supporting defence are all items to be discussed in what is an essential function of the defence department.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Steve Grzeskowiak, Deputy Secretary, Defence Support and Reform Group
- Brigadier Darren Naumann, Acting Head of Infrastructure, Defence Support and Reform Group
- Mark Jenkin, Head of delivery and support operations, Defence Support and Reform Group
- Wing Commander Peter Kershaw, Project Director - National airfields, capital facilities & infrastructure branch, Department of Defence
- Ian Maxted, Chief Executive Defence, Property and Social Sectors, and Chief Development Officer, Transfield Services
- Mark Bruzzone, Managing Director, Government and Infrastructure, MWH Australia
- Marko Misko, Partner, Clayton Utz
- John Taylor, Industry Solutions Director, Government & Defence, Bentley Systems
- Matt Jesson, Technical Director, AECOM
- Lawrence Tolado, Director, Conrad Gargett Riddel Ancher Mortlock Wooley
- Michael Rinaudo, Sector Leader Defence, Sitzler
- Mark Lynch, Executive General Manager - Strategy and Development, Leighton Contractors
- Chris Woodward, Associate, Aurecon
The Inaugural Defence Housing Australia Summit
As the ADF continues to become an increasingly mobile organisation, the provision of a dynamic and flexible housing estate & strategy to accommodate ADF personnel and their families is essential to maintaining operational efficiency. This support service is currently co-ordinated by the government owned Defence Housing Authority (DHA) with whom this summit has been co-produced. As well as the clear benefits the DHA scheme delivers to the defence community, it also supports the operational, recruitment and retention goals of the Department of Defence, which are ascertained through a lower staff turnover and optimised workforce performance.
The 2014 summit will have a theme and focus on ‘Supporting the defence community with an accommodating housing model’ and will examine: the current management of the defence property portfolio, Australian housing economics, effective procurement modelling, community and family engagement with defence, efficient logistics co-ordination and the future of defence housing in Australia. The event will hear from the senior leadership team from the DHA, construction and engineering contractors and senior defence officials.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Peter Howman, Managing Director, Defence Housing Australia
- Harley Dale, Chief Economist, Housing Industry Association
- Brett Jorgensen, General Manager, Defence Housing Australia
- John Dietz, General Manager, Property Provisioning Group, Defence Housing Australia
- Robyn Ritchie, National Convenor, Defence Families Australia
- Simon Wild, Chief Executive Officer - Asia Pacific, Cundall Australia
- Jonathan De Puit, National Process and Innovation Manager, Hindmarsh Construction Australia
Take advantage of the early bird rates by booking before 31 July 2014.