Tuesday 30 April 2019
8:15 Registration and Morning Coffee
9:00 OPENING | Opening remarks from the ADM Editor and Chair
Katherine Ziesing, ADM Managing Editor
CURRENT POSITION OF AUSTRALIA’S SPACE SECTOR
9:10 KEYNOTE | Outlining the Role of the Australian Space Agency in Growing a Commercial Space Sector
- Hear from the Australian Space Agency on it’s role in developing a domestic space sector and coordinating international space relationships
- Generating a thriving space industry able to contribute to the wider economy
- Highlighting how current regulations and legislations impact the industry
- What is the potential for the overall industry – How economically powerful, domestically important and internationally respected can it be?
Anthony Murfett, Deputy Head, Australian Space Agency
9:40 The Defence Force’s Involvement in Space
- How is the Defence Force supporting the development of space technologies?
- Space as a military frontier
- How will Space shape the future of the Defence Force?
10:10 Australia’s Space Future and Australia’s Position in Global Space Expansion
- Developing and building a globally competitive, domestic space sector
- The value of space to the economy and national security
- What is the potential for Australia’s space capability?
Dr Malcolm Davis, Senior Analyst, ASPI
10:40 Morning Tea and Networking Break
11:10 Industry and Government Collaboration: Airbus’ Role in Increasing Australia Space Sector Capability
- Developing technology and improving local skill sets to support the sector
- Strengthening partnerships between Industry and Government
- Incorporating local SME’s into projects
- Transforming space industry
Valentin Merino, Head of Defence and Space Australasia, Airbus
11:40 Boeing’s Commitment to Research and Development in the Australian Space Sector
- A- Current collaboration and programs
- How does Australia’s technology, innovation and workforce skills compare to the world?
- What and where can Boeing contribute?
Michael De La Chapelle, Senior Technical Fellow, Boeing Defence Space & Security
12:10 Gilmour Space Technologies; Current Commercial Space Objectives
- What does the future hold for commercial space activities?
- Ongoing and future projects of Gilmour Space Technologies
- How far can Australia’s domestic launch capability support space operations?
Adam Gilmour, Director, Gilmour Space Technologies
13:40 Australian Benefits Flowing from Asia-Pacific’s First Commercial Spaceport
- The value of the Arnhem Space Centre’s (ASC) venture to the Australian Space Ecosystem and the broader community
- The ASC launch capability – vehicles, orbits and customers
- Industry engagement with the ASC
- Australia’s Space Industry in 2030 – a pragmatic conversation
Scott Wallis, Founder & Chief of Space, Equatorial Launch Australia
14:10 Supporting Space Industry Growth in South Australia
- Highlighting the potential of the sector in South Australia and to South Australians
- What does South Australia offer to the sector?
Nicola Sasanelli, Director – South Australian Space Industry Centre, Defence SA
14:40 Disruptive use of space against Australia’s security interests
- Non-state groups potential terrorist use of space and the impact that is could potentially have Australian space security
Revd. Dr. Nikki Coleman, UNSW Canberra
15:10 Afternoon Tea
15:40 Queensland role in the development of an Australian Space Industry
- Developing, designing and manufacturing technologies within the state
- Creating jobs and supporting Queensland’s economy
- Supporting space industry
Air Vice-Marshal Neil Hart (Ret’d), Chair, Queensland Space Industry Reference Group & Strategic Defence Advisor for Aerospace, Queensland Government
16:10 Researching, Developing and Utilising Space Technologies
- Improving Australian technology and space capability
- Becoming a world leading space hub
- Collaboration with space industry
Prof Tanya Monro, Defence Science and Technology Group, Department of Defence
16:40 PANEL | Joining the Space Race: How can SMEs Benefit from a Commercial Space Sector?
- Including SMEs in the development of Australia’s Space Industry?
- What can SMEs offer the expansion of Australia’s Space Sector?
- Developing collaboration throughout the industry
Flavia Tata Nardini, Co-Founder & CEO, Fleet Space Technologies
Prof Craig Smith, CEO, EOS Space Systems
James Prior, Managing Director, Skykraft
17:25 Closing Remarks from the Chair
Katherine Ziesing, ADM Managing Editor
17:30 Networking Drinks